1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. If a photo card licence is held, then both card and counterpart must be produced. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.
Prior to 8 June 2015, all provisional driving licences were supplied in two parts, a plastic card and a paper counterpart. This made it very easy for anyone to check what vehicles you were entitled to drive and whether you had any endorsements or "points" on your licence that would mean that you weren't entitled to drive.
From 8 June, when you apply for your provisional driving licence, you will no longer be supplied with a paper counterpart. By signing these terms and conditions you are agreeing; that you have no restrictions/have not been banned and are legally allowed to drive my car. I need you to go online to this link, https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence and follow the online instructions to generate a code and then email that code to me at email@example.com within one week.
For Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify me of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 48 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 48 hours notice will the result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by me.
4. If I turn up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show I will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes I will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. I will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by me, no fee will be charged.
6. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash or directly into my bank. Money paid up front for block bookings will NOT be refunded.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during your training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, I will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any medical condition (Diabetes, heart condition, blood pressure irregularities, depression, etc), or prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
Please inform me if you have, or have been affected by any of the following; Dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, Aspergers, or are on the autistic spectrum, as this will assist me in ensuring I can help you to learn to drive in the best way possible.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving and Vehicles Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
Any damage caused by you to my vehicle during your driving test must be paid for in full by you following an estimate given by Dukes Motors, Middleton on Sea, West Sussex.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DSA. I will not be held responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. I will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle, and will pay for your next test.